Bachelor of Technology (Honours)Degree in Computer Science
The B Tech (Hons) Computer Science programme provides suitable multi-disciplinary training for a career in this important field. Computer science is a rapidly expanding feature of most engineering and scientific enterprises. This field is primarily concerned with information processes, the structure and procedures needed to represent them, and the systems needed to implement them. It spans a broad spectrum of basic and applied sub disciplines which range from foundations in logic and the computational complexity of algorithms through compilers, operating systems, and databases.
- To provide a suitable, multi-disciplinary training for a career in the important and expanding field of computing.
- To satisfy the needs of both of the students who intend to pursue a career in the computing industry and of those who might like to pursue further research.
Currently, the degree programme is offered on a four year full time regular programme and a four year Parallel programme.
The Programme is the same as the regulasr programme,the only difference is that it is delivered in the evenings.
The programme is a full-time programme of study to honours degree level and is structured to be delivered over four years and comprises approximately 48 weeks of lectures, laboratories, tutorials and systems/software design project work, followed by 30 weeks of internship and then 24 weeks of lectures, tutorials, laboratories and a project.
Third year internship is assessed via a Written internship report; Oral presentation and Assessments from the company of internship.
- At Least Two ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics and Physics or ND in Computer studies or IT
- Five ‘O’ level passes including Mathematics and English Language.
- Be ready to be a fulltime student on campus for the Regular Programme. or
- Be employed fulltime in a Computing environment for the Parallel Programme
Areas of study
Data communication and Networking