Mission of the department
Our mission is to teach and prepare software engineers equipped to apply their knowledge and skills in the analysis, design, implementation, documentation and maintenance of high quality software in both system and application software development within resource constraints, as well as ready them for further graduate study and innovative research.
What do Software Engineers do?
Skills to be gained from the program (Graduate competencies)
The programme is designed such that on completion of its courses, the graduates should be able to:
- Become Technopreneurs in the field of Software Engineering.
- Analyze, identify and define the Software Engineering requirements appropriate to various problems .
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Analyze the local and global impact of software engineering on individuals, organizations and society.
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for software engineering practice.
- Evolve and re-engineer legacy software .
- Manage the Software Project from initiation through to closure.
- Technopreneurship Skills
- Critical thinking & Problem Solving Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership skills and Proactiveness
- Teamwork Skills
- Communication Skills
- Information Management & Lifelong learning Skills
- Learning Skills
- Ethics & Integrity
- Project Management Skills
- Software Quality Management Skills