Master of Technology Degree in Machine Design
The MTech programme in Machine Design presents the student with the innovative, analytical and research techniques hence providing the skills required to design, analyse and develop machine designs and components into commercially viable projects and products. The programme also equips the student to carry out the complete set of activities involved in design research and the process of bringing new devices, technologies and services to the market place. The aim of this program is to provide students with a deep insight into various cutting edge machine design technologies and tools thereby creating diverse development opportunities
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Apply mechanical engineering design theory for the identification and quantification of machine elements in the design of commonly used mechanical systems.
- Apply computer-based techniques in the analysis, design and/or selection of machine components.
- Apply concepts of kinematics and dynamics, and estimate safety factors in the design of commonly used machine components.
- Identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems based on data interpretation, experiments and analysis of results.
- Apply research and design practices to stay abreast with current technological and methodological trends in the field of machine design.
Mechanical Behaviour of Engineering Materials
Optimal Design of Mechanical Elements
Kinematics and Dynamics Lab
Instrumentation and Control Systems
Product Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
Experimental Stress Analysis
Applied Random Vibrations
Advanced Mechanics of Solids
Computer Aided Engineering
Finite Element and Boundary Element Methods
Applied Research Methods
Vibration Analysis of Mechanical Systems
Advanced Mechanics of Composite Materials
Materials Testing, Computer Aided Testing, Analysis and Modelling Lab
Advanced Optimization Techniques
Advanced Tool Design
Nano Materials formulation and Synthesis