- We organize sports and recreational activities through the Student Sports Council.
- We encourage student participation in various sporting activities.
Student Wellness Centre for Health Education
- We design and develop Health Education Programmes for students including Family Planning, HIV and AIDS. We manage a Clinic for Institute Students and attend to health related issues.
- We implement the Student Medical Aid Scheme.
Key Result Area
Provide Adequate, Functional and State-of-the-art Sporting and Recreation Facilities.
- Organizing intra-mural sports to provide structured contests, meets, tournaments and leagues, limiting participation to campus members.
- Working with students to develop arts and cultural programmes
- Developing and updating a cleaning-house of all community resources where students can volunteer.
- Coordinating recreational programming, facilities and equipment.
- Supervising informal programmes for self-directed, individualized involvement to meet students’ desires to participate in sport for personal fitness and enjoyment.
- Offering sport clubs that provide opportunities for individuals to organize around a common interest in a sport within or outside the institution.
- Providing instructional programmes for learning opportunities, knowledge, and skills through lessons, clinics and workshops.
- Providing health promotion and well-being programmes.
- Developing the recreation sports programmes for persons with disabilities
Increase in the number of students participating in respective national teams and events.
- Engage qualified coaches for the respective sporting disciplines.
- Facilitate the provision by the private sector of incentives and awards to outstanding sports persons and teams.
Increase in the number of female students participating in sports and recreation.
- Market the sports recreation available to other internal and external stakeholders
- Review the charges of facilities annually
- Liaise with the Security Department on random checks on facilities
- Refurbish and repair infrastructure and equipment starting year one
- An increase in the range of sports and recreation events/activities
For more information Contact:
Coordinator: Campus Life and Student Development
Student Affairs Division
Office Number S 115