Internal Audit Department
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) was established by the Harare Institute of Technology (HIT) Board. The unit reports functionally to the Risk and Audit Committee (RAC) of the HIT Board, and administratively to the Vice Chancellor.
The IAD is an independent and objective assurance and consulting unit that is guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the Harare Institute of Technology (HIT). It assists HIT in accomplishing its strategic objectives by bringing a professional, systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control, and governance processes.
Our Values and Beliefs
In the discharge of our duties we are guided by the professional standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors and other professional bodies we are part of. We strive to proactively comply with the standards relating to professionalism, competence, independence and objectivity.
What We Do
We work with university management to evaluate administrative and academic processes and identify opportunities for improvement. We achieve this through,
- Performing operational, financial, compliance and information technology audits and reviews
- Monitoring and evaluating processes to determine if they are working to effectively manage key risks
- Working with management to develop effective remedial action proposals, and
- Offering insights developed from best practices of leading institutions, recent research, and our cumulative professional experience.
What We Do Not Do
Whilst working closely with management to obtain the required level of understanding of the HIT environment, we remain independent of management. To protect and enhance our independence, we therefore do not
- Define the key risks and how they are managed
- Perform annual financial statement audits
- Report directly to external agencies unless specifically required by law.
- Telephone: 00263242741422 extension 2168 / 71
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org