Master of Technology Degree in Industrial Automation
The Master of Technology in Industrial Automation Degree is meant to provide the students with appropriate theoretical inputs and opportunities for hands-on training. The Degree provide students with preparation to become worthy of professional careers in the field and to be motivated for lifelong learning. It is dedicated to equip students with the design, implementation, testing, and modification skills of Automation in a bid to improve its effectiveness, efficiency, viable, maintainable and affordable. The four semester M.Tech degree program is premised on research, innovation, and development of industrial real-time solutions. In pursuit of this mandate the curriculum emphasises the principles and applications of modern Electronic and Instrumentation Engineering to fully enhance technical cognition while developing the ability to put knowledge into practice for the benefit of all mankind.
The programme aims to provide students with pertinent and up-to-date education in Industrial Automation and Engineering preparing them for productive and rewarding careers in the Industrial Automation field.
Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the programme students should be able to:
- Select and apply appropriate methods for modelling and analysing problems in Automation and Control.
- Use scientific principles in the modelling and analysis of engineering systems, processes and products.
- Select and apply appropriate methods for developing Automation and Control solutions to practical problems.
- Produce engineering solutions to problems through the application of knowledge and understanding in Automation and Control.
- Create new designs in Automation and Control through synthesis of ideas from a wide range of sources
- Develop ideas and opinions through the critical research of information from a wide range of sources.
Advanced Mathematical Methods
Process Dynamics and Control
Data Acquisition and Hardware Interfaces
Applied Research Methods
EIA 7106/ EIA 7107/ EIA 7108
Intelligent Systems and Control
Electric Drives and Machines
Modelling and Simulation
Industrial Management Systems
Fluid Power Systems Design
EIA 7206/ EIA 7207/ EIA 7208
Industrial Data Networks
EIA 8103/ EIA 8104