Master of Technology Degree in Telecommunications and Wireless Systems
The Master of Technology in Telecommunications and Wireless Systems Degree is meant to provide the students with appropriate theoretical inputs and opportunities for hands-on training. The Degree provide students with preparation to become worthy of professional careers in the field and to be motivated for lifelong learning. It is dedicated to equip students with the design, implementation, testing, and modification skills of Communication Systems in a bid to improve their effectiveness, efficiency, viable, maintainability and affordability. The four semester MTech degree program is premised on research, innovation, and development of communications real-time solutions. In pursuit of this mandate the curriculum emphasises the principles and applications of modern Telecommunications techniques to fully enhance technical cognition while developing the ability to put knowledge into practice for the benefit of all mankind.
To provide scope for Applied Research and innovation in the various domains of telecommunication and wireless systems, enabling the graduates to carry out research and development in Industry and Academia.
Intended Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme, the students should be able to:
- Be a globally competitive electronics, telecommunication and wireless networks engineering technopreneur.
- Capable of applying electronics, telecommunication and wireless networks knowledge.
- Conduct research projects individually and collaboratively.
- To design, develop and commercialise communication systems (both wired and wireless).
- Develop instructional electronics, telecommunication and wireless networks engineering materials.
- Communicate electronic, telecommunication and wireless networks engineering knowledge.
- Apply technology to develop telecommunication and wireless networks equipment through research.
- Recognize the need to engage in life-long learning, and to identify this as a vehicle for developing new metallurgical practices and technologies that can enhance efficiencies and outputs of the industry;
- Demonstrate the ability to draw logic conclusions from data, and use analytical tools including those based on information technology, for informed decision making and innovation.
Advanced Mathematical Methods
Advanced Digital Signal Processing
Digital Communication Systems
Applied Research Methods
Modern Satellite Communication
Information and Network Security
Accounting and finance for management
Telecommunication Network Design and Performance
Advanced Optical Communication and Networks
Modern Wireless Communication Systems
Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
High Performance Communication Networks
Advanced Network Architecture
Telecommunication Economics and Planning
Millimetre Wave and Tera-hertz